Consultant - Community Health Program
- More Info -
Coordinator - Rehabilitation Program
- More Info -
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
|Name and address
|Mr. XavierS/o Mr. M.D.Mariadoss
T.V.Malai Dt. 606 802.
||Managing TrusteeFull time Development worker
|Mr.Sounder RajanS/O A.Selvanathan
|Dr. Michael B.JeyarajS/o V.Belevendiran
Aviztham Sidha Hospital
Tirunelveli Dt. 627425
Tiruvannamalai Tk., Dt
Mr. Xavier Mariadoss
• B.Sc., Chemistry(1973-76)
• Cert. Nonformal and Adult Education, Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore
• Cert. Health and Development, International Nursing Services association (Atlanta-USA), Bangalore-India.
• Dip. Integrated Course in Communication, Organized by UNDA/OCIC and Indian Catholic Press Association.
• Dip. Audio Visual Techniques, At CREC/AEVX, Lyon, France.
1977-79 National Service Volunteer, Nehru Yuvak Kendra, Govt. Of India.
Organized Non formal Education (NFE) in 3 developmental Blocks (30 villages) training of NFE teachers for the same and 2700 persons became new literates. This program was the pilot program of Govt.of India before the launching of the National Adult Education Program (NAEP)
1979-85 Project Coordinator, Non-Formal Education. St.Thomas Hospital and Leprosy Centre, Chettupattu, Tamilnadu
Initiated and organized Non-formal education program for 3000 children in Chetpet Block for St.Thomas Hospital and Leprosy Center. Trained more than 600 animators to handle Non-formal education classes and vocational training for new literates. Trained the staff and coordinated the NFE program for 6 other NGOs in the same District. Assisting in the Rehabilitation program of leprosy cured persons.
1985-1991 Director-People’s Awareness Action for Liberation (PAAL). PAALVANAM
PAAL is a unit of North Arcot Rural Development society. Organizing women and youth in 40 villages for their basic needs. 51 homeless washer men families received Govt.land for construction of houses. Successfully organized landless laborers as a cooperative society for employment generation and for availing Government contracts.
1987-91 Secretary-North Arcot Rural Development Society, Vadamathimangalam
• Animation and Conscientization program in 135 villages working for marginalized groups organizing them for their fundamental rights.
• Co authored a book for family life education program for rural teenage girls and brought out a set of 18 posters on women emancipation.
1991-93 Founder Director of People’s Craft Training Center (PCTC)
• To work for the Rehabilitation of disabled persons initiated a community Based Rehabilitation program for Polio affected persons and polio prevention program in 50000 populations.
• Set up the first rural ortho workshop in the district for the fabrication of orthopedic appliances.
1994-96 Executive Director: Rehabilitation of the Disabled in India-Pondicherry/ Handicap International –France
• Providing technical and training support for 23 organizations in 5 states of South India and setting up orthopedic workshops to fabricate aids and appliances in the rural areas.
• Developing curriculum for 9 months training program-Multi purpose Rehabilitation technician course along with my colleagues to work with Polio affected children and children with Cerebral Palsy and mental retardation.
• Member of Area coordination group (South India) to raise issues related to Rehabilitation council of India Act-1992 and lobbying with the Govt. for needed amendment.
1996 onwards till date: Program Director-People’s Craft Training Center
• Community Based Rehabilitation program in 104 000 population.
• Trainer and consultant for Non-formal education, Community Based Rehabilitation
• Community health, Low cost group media skills and planning & evaluation of projects.
• Started two special schools for the children with cerebral Palsy and Mental retardation.
• Promotion of primary health care using Native medical system (Siddha)
• Promotion of micro credit program in 202 villages through Women Self help groups
• Co authored and published five books-one for adolescent Health promotion and the second one for Prevention of Anemia among women, diabetes, life style for a healthy life as per Tamil culture and on disability.
• 2002 Instrumental in developing Vision document for the Rehabilitation of the people with Disability in Tiruvannamalai District.
• 2004 Co authored a book for Student Doctors program (initiating children to understand herbal medicine).
• Promotion of Organic farming practices.
1996 Convener/Secretary of Tiruvannalamai District Forum for the Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons
• Network for Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons (14 organizations are members of the network)
• Framing of Policy for the Network, House to house enumeration of persons with disability in the District, first of its kind in the state.
• Enabling other organizations of the network to initiate community based Rehabilitation Program.
2001-2005 Elected Hon. Secretary Tamilnadu Voluntary Health Association (TNVHA)
• Which is a Federation 583 NGOs working for the promotion of Health .in Tamilnadu and is a state chapter of Voluntary Health Association of India(VHAI), New Delhi.
• A community based Rehabilitation program for the entire state of Tamilnadu through member organizations.
2004-2008-Tsunami Rehabilitation program :
• Constructed temporary shelters for the people Tarangambadi area
• Acquired land for the construction of a High School building.
• Infrastructure development for 4 schools.
• Purchase of land and Construction of Resource center for Rehabilitation of people with Disability and special school for disabled children.
• Rehabilitation assistance for hundreds of people with disability.
Positions Held under the chairmanship of the District Collector in Tiruvannamalai District :
• Member of District Education committee.
• Member of District Tamilnadu Adi dravidar housing development corporation project monitoring committee.
• Member of District RSVY (Rastriya Samvikas Yojana) monitoring committee. Planning commission –(Govt. of India)
• Member of District Rehabilitation committee.
• Member of District Women development committee.
• Member of Polio immunization monitoring committee.
• Member of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) program Monitoring committee
• M.Sc., B.Ed
• Master Trainer "Interface on Disability". One month training on prevention, early detection and early intervention for children with disabilities (Spastic Society of Tamil Nadu - Chennai)
• Master Trainer "training of care givers" (National Trust - New Delhi - Government of India)
• Certificate course "Community Development and organization" (Indian Social Institute - Bangalore)
• "Training of trainers" (VHAI/TNVHA- Chennai)
• "Total sanitation and clean village campaign" (SIRD- Chennai)
• 1983-1985 Working with North Arcot Rural Development Society (NARD) in Vadamathimangalam. Animator in non-formal education, for the youth and women's group formation in the community.
• 1986-1990 Coordinator - One unit of NARD. Coordinating youth, women, student group formation, building a movement for community development.
• After 1991 Program coordinator in PCTC program.
Mr. M. Vijayaraj
• ITI Machinist (Industrial Training Institute - Tiruvannamalai)
• Diploma - Multipurpose Rehabilitation Technician (MRT)
• Certificate, "Interface on disability Master Trainer" (Spastic Society of Tamil Nadu ( SPASTN )- Chennai)
• Master trainer on mental illness.
• Providing physical Rehabilitation services ( therapy, assistive devices, teaching and learning materials for children with disabilities).
• Monitoring the day to day activities of the special school, parent's training and early intervention center.
• Providing technical support to implement disability program in other districts.
• Trainer in Community Based Rehabilitation for people with disabilities .
Trainings undergone :
• Rehabilitation Council of India – Bridge Course
• CP/MR Children assessment- Vidya Sagar-Chennai
• Special education – SPASTN-Chennai
• Care Giver Training by National trust , Govt. India
• New Born Baby Screening-SPASTN-Chennai
• Acupressure Therapy CP/MR-Arogya Asrayam- Tirunelveli
• M.D (National Institute of Siddha)
• Post-graduate diploma in yoga (Annamalai Unniversity-Chidambaram)
• Cert. in Early Intervention (SPASTIN- Chennai)
• Cert. in Health and Nutrition for the young children and women (NIPCCID - New Delhi)
• Cert. in Preservation of fruits and Vegetables and Nutrition (Ministry of Social Welfare - Government of India - Chennai)
• Cert. in Adolescent issues (SIRD - Chennai)
• 1999-2005 Siddha doctor in the community health department for PCTC.
• 1999-2005 Teaching herbal medicine for school children
• 2002-2005 Resource person in Siddha medicine for TNVHA (Tamil Nadu Voluntary Health Association) in Tiruvannamalai District.
• Published books (kutti maruthuvar / student doctors ; Kanni paruvathile / adolescent health ; Rathathin niram sivappu / Anemia ; and karpa aviztham / Siddha journal).
• Trainer for ICDS (Integrated Child Development Services) program-government of Tamil Nadu on herbal medicine.