Children in rural areas have lesser opportunities compared to their peers in the urban segments. Exposure to the new developments is minimum. This has greater impact on their career.
We are in the process of promoting student activities in every village ensuring the participation of the people from the beginning.
Creating a young cadre in the villages among the students in the age group of 11-18 years would enhance their active participation in the existing activities and enable them to identify the hidden potentials in them to build a prospective career in the future and a proactive role for village development. In all the 47 Village Panchayats one Student club each will be formed with a minimum membership strength of 30.
Some of the activities of Thulir are :
- Special summer camps for Children.
- Talent search competitions for school children.
- Prevention of drop-outs at secondary level of education, specially among girls.
- Support to deserving students to continue education.
- Career guidance and supportive training, secretarial assistance and job placement services.
- Opportunities for Students to exhibit their social commitments.
At the resource center, the following facilities will be created for the students and teachers :
- Computer training.
- Internet access.
- Learning musical instruments.
- A library.
- Support to prepare for competitive examinations.